Office Equipments And Machines: Uses and maintenance
What are Office Equipments?
Office equipment are the instruments, tools, machines and furnitures that are required to perform the various tasks in an office. Such items may include desks, tables, chairs, computers, printer, staplers, and so on.
They include materials or tools that are required in every office for effective and swift functioning of an office while carrying out various tasks.
Examples and Types Of Office Equipment
Below are the types of Office Equipment or examples of items found in an office
- Office pins
- Stamp pad/Ink pad
- Radio transmitter
- Office clips
- In/Out trays
- Stamp rack
- Call bell
- Drawing pin
Examples and Types Of Office Machine
- Printing machine (Printer)
- Duplicating machine
- Photocopying machine
- Collating machine
- Binding machine
- Flanking machine
- Laminating machine
The Importance Of Office Equipment
- They contribute to increasing the quantity of work.
- They increase the efficiency or effectiveness of work.
- They are more precise.
- They help to conserve time and labor.
- They enhance the consistency and clarity of printed materials.
Uses of Office Equipment and Machines
- Typewriter: A typewriter is an old device used in the office to type or create text on paper.
- Photocopying Machine: A photocopying machine is a device that creates an accurate replica of the original paper.
- Filing Cabinet: In the office, filing cabinets are used to keep business documents and files.
- Duplicating Machine: A duplicating machine is a machine that is used to create multiple copies of a document.
- Calculator: This is a machine that is used to add, supply, multiply, and divide sets of figures.
- Stapling Machine: A stapling Machine is used to secure papers together by inserting staples.
- Perforator: A perforator is used to create precise holes in papers prior to filing them.
- Computers: A computer is an electrical device that accepts, processes, saves, and retrieves stored textual information, as well as images.
Maintenance of Office Equipment
- All office equipment must be handled carefully.
- When not in use, office machines must be stored properly and safely.
- When not in use, office machinery such as computers and typewriters must be covered.
- Clean them daily with a clean fabric material.
- Office machines should be serviced on a regular basis.